Sunday, September 22, 2013

Life After September 16th

This last week with the students starting at BYU-Idaho has felt like 2 or 3 weeks in one.  This is always the hardest time of the year for me, and without Doug around to help it was a long week.  Things were going okay until hump day, or you might want to call it bump day!

Wednesday morning we were really have a smooth morning - I sent all the kids out the door to school and then Hagan and I got in the van to leave.  Something wasn't right!  I had to call Riley to rescue me and get us all delivered to our destinations.

Later that afternoon Riley helped me change the flat.  It wasn't a fun job, but we did it!
Riley learned, by heart, Right tighty, Lefty loosey.  A life essential for all!

Everyone should know that "chubby" wins over teen muscle!  We tried and tried to loosen the nuts and both of us were pretty frustrated.  I finally jumped on the wrench and it worked!  Yeah!

We felt pretty proud of our accomplishment - however, as I am getting older I pay for crazy body movements the next day, and the next, and the next..... 
The whole experience made me appreciate the help Doug gives our family... and made me start praying with more intent that he will find a job near to us soon!  

After surviving the week, we spent Saturday helping Riley have a fun time at the Homecoming Dance!

We decorated the house in Red and White - the colors of Madison High.  Riley is a bow tie nut and he looked sharp for the dance.  (Mom we loved all the ties you sent up, but I guess I can't take the bow tie out of the boy.  He is determined!)

This was the table for the dinner.  In another life I think I want to be a wedding planner. The girls and I had the best time putting this together and the table looked beautiful!  We served shrimp, salmon, fresh green beans, and potatoes.  It was yummy!  We topped it off with Mango sorbet, raspberries, and chocolate sauce.  

Here is a preview!  This is the group and Riley's date is just so adorable and fun to be around!  I love that they are just beaming!  We should have some other photo's we can post in a few days.


And just because...
A Hagan moment.
Riley was playing with Hagan.  They were doing some rough and tumble play as all boys do, and Riley placed Hagan on a green electrical box.  Hagan started to yell at Riley - "Get me off! Get me off! This box will 'Relect' me and I am mom's baby and you can't 'Relect' me!"
He makes me happy!  I hope he makes you happy too!

We love you and miss you so much!



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the fact that you posted them amazes me! After the first week of school I cannot do anything but stress about how stressed out I will be for a year! And I can't believe all that you put together for the dance and made dinner! After the decorating I would have picked up Chinese. You amaze me! I hope things get better this week. I was so stressed when school started but I feel much better after a few weeks of getting into the routine. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete