Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back to Life

I guess at some point all the playing had to come to an end and real life had to begin again.  This was the week!  It was hard to start back to school and work!  Doug stayed with us for the majority of the week to be the stay at home dad and help us adjust, but the kids and I all had a few moments of being overwhelmed this week.  It will be nice once the schedule is standard again.  We really let it "slide" with the move! 

On Saturday our neighbors had a BBQ and we were able to unwind and have a little fun.  
HUGE SLIP 'N' SLIDE!


Hagan was ready for the fun!  


The ward had done this a few weeks earlier for the primary party and when he saw it again there was no holding back!  This is a picture from the primary party and he is saying, "This is so AWESOME!"


This is a view from the top.  Some of the neighbors yards go right into the park and they actually built this large hill with a water spigot to do this very thing.  


Another view of the park and Dani - The neighbors added dish soap to the slide so the kids really flew.


This picture is to confirm that Riley is still a part of the family, even though we never take pictures of him.  He is at the top of the hill being cool with the older kids.  


Throw back to the beginning of the summer!
Many of you know that I have been praying that Hagan would have a good primary teacher that loves and understands him as we moved.  To ensure that my prayers were answered, Doug and I have been called as the sunbeam teachers (12 very passionate and enthusiastic future missionaries).  Today in church the theme was service and the primary president asked if anyone had served others.  Of course Hagan raised his hand and explained in a lot of detail how he helped his dad build a house in Logan when he was six.  After he got done explaining his story (seriously I don't know where he gets this) he leans over to me and said, "My talk was pretty great huh mom." 

We love you!!

3 comments:

  1. We miss Hagan in our primary. I would have loved to hear his story. Sounds like you are having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! We miss you guys, guess we need to come visit. Reading about all your fun kinda makes me miss living in Idaho, but only kinda ;) I'm happy that you guys are having fun living in rexburge. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love that you have a blog. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete