Sunday, October 13, 2013

Just a Week

This week there were no flat tires, no crazy weather, and not a lot of extra things going on.  It was a nice, quiet week.  Work seems to find a way to creep into every free moment I have, but I am getting used to controlled chaos in my life. 

First Riley had to respond to Colleen about the dance.  Since she made him look through "guts," he made her look through "brains."  Poor girl!
He used Pumpkin slime - this was fun to make - I pureed the pumpkin guts and added liquid starch and glue.  After we had a nice slime we added the pumpkin seeds back in.  I added some pumpkin pie spice so it smelled great.  I think we will have to make this again for Halloween.

Of course Riley said YES!  The cute couple are going to dress up like a gangster and a flapper for the dance.  I think that I am more excited than Riley.  I found him a fake mustache, but Riley didn't seem to think that was very cool.  The black fedora will be a lot of fun though!  I'll post pictures later.  The dance is on October 26th.  

Hagan wasn't so sure about what we were doing.  He said that it looked like puke...and he was kind of right, but it was a lot of fun.  

Saturday was a busy day.  We started the morning sending Riley off to a choirfest in Pocatello at ISU all day (5:30am - 1:30am).  He had a great time and enjoyed hanging out with his friends in choir all day!  

I do have to say that Riley looks smashing in his tuxedo!  Here he is trying on a little GQ - impressive!

 The Madison choir is amazing!  Here is a little taste of the men in the choir singing that day.  Actually, I should say here is a little taste of Riley enjoying the sounds of his voice bouncing off the walls of the recital hall.  I guess it is hard to be humble.

The rest of us were left to clean the church that morning.  Hagan played around until he learned to turn on the organ.  He just about jumped through the ceiling when he played some of the notes.  It scared him so badly and hopefully he won't play around on the organ for a while.

Later that afternoon Danika had a concert with her school choir.  You can totally tell that she loves singing!  

The girls were able to attend a Daddy, Daughter activity in the evening.  It was a fun way for them to end the day.  

The theme was camping so Doug is sporting a great duck dynasty beard.

The new Juanito Bandito!  Watch out Pickleville here comes some competition!

 Wooden utensils were a huge hit with the girls.  They are pretty cool.  
The primary is supposed to hand out more pictures that were taken and if they do I'll get them posted!  

Today in church the story of the Stripling Warriors came up.  Hagan loved the "tripling" warriors and wants to be like them!

As always - we love you and miss you.  Just a few more weeks to Thanksgiving and then I know we'll see some of you!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment